Friday, July 27, 2012

Going Green with the Grizls Blog Challenge Day 5 - Goals for the Month & Why I am obviously very late in posting! Since my last post we have spent a weekend in a children's hospital for my baby's jaundice, and spent 4 days pumping breastmilk instead of breastfeeding in order to determine that she had breastmilk jaundice. (So nothing serious!) We have been settling in with our little one and learning a whole new schedule! This brings me to my goal for this month - July. For most of the month of July, my only goal has been survival! When you look at the big picture, I have accomplished quite alot this month. :) Birthed a beautiful baby, established breastfeeding, started cloth diapering, made my own laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent and cloth diaper detergent, kept up with the laundry, the house hasn't fallen apart, (but I am surprised at that one. Must be because my husband has helped on some occasions!) and all this while recovering from a difficult birth, and not sleeping longer than 3 hours at a time. (Except for last night, she let me sleep 4! Most of the time I only get 2 hours at a time, and while pumping, I had to wake up every other hour, so that was total misery.) Next week changes some things for us. I work from home, but have had the past 3 weeks off. (I go in for 4 hours one day a week, but I can take my little one with me.) Next week I start back, so some new goals for me are to establish a new routine and work out a good schedule with my little one. In August I want that routine to be settled in really well so I can get back into helping my husband with the business we run out of our home. July has been a really slow month. We are actually grateful for that right now because things have been so hectic, not sure how we could have handled a big month with everything else in our lives! (birth, children's hospital, my recovery, sleepless nights, etc.) I also want to blog regularly. I nurse a bazillion times a day, and I am becoming quite talented at 1 handed typing, so I am hoping to use 1 or 2 of my nursing times to work on blogging. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment